View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Scott H.

Love the Logan pick. Here is just one of many Logan fight stories.

"We were at this restaurant in New York called Scopas," Logan recalled. "I'm sitting at the bar and here comes Bickford(Bickford was Logan's team mate). We had lost the game because Roy Campenella hit a line drive at me that knuckled and I couldn't handle it. The Dodgers scored after that.
"Bickford said to me, `If I was pitching and you lost that line drive, I'd kick you in the butt.' I ignored it and he said, `Hey, didn't you hear what I said to you?' I said, `Who was pitching?', trying to antagonize him a little bit. He said, `It was Jim Wilson.' It wasn't Wilson when the ball was hit. It was Ernie Johnson. Anyway, I pulled a $100 bill from a secret compartment in my wallet and laid it on the bar.
"We made a bet and asked the bartender to call a wire service and find out who was pitching at the time (it was the fifth inning). They called back and said it was Johnson. I gave back his $100, but now he's calling me names like gutless, yellow belly and words that I won't repeat here. He said I didn't have the guts to take him outside. He swung at me and then I let him have it. I broke one of his teeth, cut his lip, and bent his nose a little bit. The next day I took the team bus, but Bickford was so bruised he didn't make it."

Last edited by MilBraves; 06-06-2012 at 07:19 AM.