Thread: Crossovers
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:16 PM
Jason B.

Default Thanks for the input

Thanks John & 100backstroke above for input on SGC to PSA crossing.

Agree 100% that the Jackie looks the part of a "6" in-hand as well, and it's well-centered for the issue. The Mantle -- although I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it in a PSA 6 holder -- may just not have enough going for it to get into a PSA 6 holder as a crossover.

Where I have had my best success with PSA is with exceptionally well-centered cards. Not a crossover story, but I bought a very well-centered PSA 7 Jordan RC off Ebay, and I genuinely thought it was nicer than that. Eventually got around to sending it for review with a bunch of other stuff I was submitting, hoping for a bump to 7.5. Wasn't optimistic as PSA seemed to be in the midst of toughening up on their grading at the time. The right lower corner was going to sink the review, I thought. I still can't believe it, but they bumped it to an 8. It made me suspect that with a very well-centered card, they may be very forgiving of other modest flaws that would otherwise be fatal for a lesser centered card.

Just my 2 cents, and could very well be wrong, but that same scenario has played out with a couple of other raw submissions since. Maybe food for thought, and I will only be sending them well-centered cards for possible crossover as a result.

G86010.jpgB_86001.jpg