View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 10:08 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Thanks, Rob. How do you know without a pic? Or is the description--baggy shirt, toes up--that of a standard 60s football nodder? Can you shoot me or direct me to a pic of that style? On another "oddball" front, has anybody ever catalogued kewpie dolls like the one pictured alongside my Amherst pennant? Although the accompanying pins were more or less separate--hung around their necks or pinned to the body--their colors mark them as distinctive to the entity represented by the pins. In other words, the colors of mine are the Amherst purple and white, perhaps faded a bit, and I think the other kewpies I've seen are also particular to the colleges or pro teams of the pins. Not as nice or as collectible as bobbin heads, to be sure, but still vintage and seriously collectible, I would think. Just wondering if anybody has ever paid any real attention to them that you know of?
Shoot John Brey an email. He can probably provide you a pic.

I have a bunch of those “kewpie dolls.” Some are done in Giants colors; others were not. Some have “Giants” stenciled on the chest, others don’t. They’re pretty fragile, in that the celluloid can be easily crushed.