View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Default Piedmont Factory 42 Conspiracy... T205 vs T206

Posted By: J Levine

Okay guys...here is my research...

Piedmont fact. 42 backs are rare. Rarer than Cycle but not as rare as Broadleaf. The previous poster is correct that in the past month there have been nearly 30 fact. 42 backs sold and nearly all from the same collection.

When it comes to the short prints I have had a theory for a long time about how T205s were printed. I think that the Fact. 42 backs were a later printing and replaced certain cards (creating some of the single prints) 1 for 1 on the sheets. This is only a theory.

Along with a few other collectors I have been trying to buy fact. 42s and only won one out of this past week's auctions (although it was the Hoblitzell no Cin.---a true rarity). To date, I own 17 different 42s.

To date, including the 42s auctioned this week, I have seen just over 200 different 42s total! I have seen more Cycles but less (much less) Broadleafs.

They are rare. (Shawn Adkins might have more to add).

I also want to agree with Barry and say that T206 Fact. 42s are rarer. There are exponentially more T206s than T205s yet I see t205 fact. 42s about twice as often as t206.

Joshua

PS I know this past year's (2006) T205 report was not put out by me but I have the data and just have not put it together yet. Maybe over Spring Break.