View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 06:18 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Without wanting to violate the policy of not talking about politics, this whole discussion about whether Leon should take down the PWCC ad banner (and now, the implication that he has no cojones and has been bought) is another instance of the same, tired thing we see every day.

Person A looks at what person B is doing. Person A does not approve and suggests (asks, demands, protests, boycotts, whatever) that person B change their behavior. If person B feels enough pressure, he may end up doing so, even though it costs him revenue and may not be what he truly believes is right. Person A then pats himself on the back, for having superior principles, and for pressuring person B into doing the "right thing."

I have enjoyed this forum for many years now, and I do not take it for granted. It is a much needed contribution to the hobby/business and that is a gross understatement. Plus, it is enjoyable relaxation. I don't do facebook or twitter, never have, never will, but I like it here at this site.

Yet, I have never paid one penny to support this site and I am certain the vast majority of people here haven't, either. So when people who use this site frequently, and don't support it financially, start saying people like Leon, who don't summarily ban PWCC from providing financial support, lack cojones and are "bought," I get annoyed.

If someone who wants to self-congratulate themself for having cojones and being above "being bought" wants to PM Leon and offer to pay him whatever PWCC is paying for that ad, in exchange for replacing that ad with something else, THAT would be a principled position. Pressuring someone else to give up a revenue stream, when that person is already providing such a valuable service to the rest of us, free, is selfish and disingenuous.

Being principled with someone else's money is not being principled.
You nailed it. I completely agree.