View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Travis, have you bothered to read the rest of this thread?

The point is, NO FAKE AUTOS ARE BEING TAKEN DOWN, regardless of who certed them.

It's exactly what you've been screaming for: ALL AUTHENTICATORS ARE BEING TREATED THE SAME: they are ALL being given free reign on eBay!

There is no preference being given by eBay to PSA, JSA or any other authenticator, and all alerts from emr's are being ignored. You should be dancing in the streets, not copy/pasting from your previous rants. The 50% of what you have typed that is coherent no longer applies!

like i said, if they wont take down the jsa or psa fakes, then why should the other fakes get picked on when the psa and jsa fakes get a "get out of jail free card?

If they ONLY took down jsa and psa fakes and made it their official policy, i suppose you would be happy they are at least taking down something?

don't you see when the shoe is on the other foot, even you wouldn't hold the same opinion as before, but since the psa and jsa fakes stay up when the others didnt enjoy the same protection, to you that is better than nothing, but switch it around and it is NOT better than nothing.

i take the same tack either way, either get serious about removing fakes or don't. when they protected psa and jsa fakes, they didnt get serious, and now they are removing nothing, so they are not serious. nothing has changed.

the only ones that should be mad at the new ebay policy is psa and jsa, they now have competition for their fakes being offered. there was no shortage of fakes on ebay before even if all the non-psa and jsa fakes were removed. Still plenty of protected autos of the psa and jsa variety being offered, but i just never heard any outrage at that.

It was picking winners and losers. they were saying all psa and jsa autographs were winners and all others were losers.

i offered an autograph from a private signing session i did and it included a picture of the guy signing the item and it got taken down. why? politics only.

if it had no picture but a psa or jsa cert, it would have been golden. it's slanted from day one people!

zipper always claims hijacking threads, but its only hijacking if someone says something he doesn't like. zipper approved popular speech isn't hijacking.

I put out an alternative of what ebay could do, actually two of them. i really liked leon's suggestion. zero
maybe everyone likes what they were doing before, protecting psa and jsa. i know the auction houses love it, but it's one big nest of protection from the authenticators, the auction houses, the publications and the other hangers on who can make a buck off the current system of protection and back scratching. Don't rock the boat and don't change the status quo. The loser is the collector as always. Ebay will figure out what to do eventually. There were EMR's who are authenticators for the pre-approved companies, EMR's with big accounts on ebay selling their autographs. conflicts of interests abound. Let's clean it up and if ebay starts by going back to square one, then I await them to do some REAL cleaning up of the hobby and their auction house. But it will take a pair, not just saying to psa or jsa, "just list" whatever the heck it is you want and we will leave it up".

Last edited by travrosty; 03-18-2013 at 11:32 AM.