View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Default is it just me or have you noticed....

Posted By: Larry

For the exact reason as T206 Collector stated, I as a seller(I also buy a lot) may now pull a listing if I see no action at all,within 12 hours of closing,if everyone follows the no bid philosophy,or just sell at BIN. If last minute shoppers buy from us or not, so be it. I will just send my best cards, highest value or obscure issues to some major auction catalog etc and bidders unfortunately will probably end up paying more that way.....

As someone else posted, if e bay was smart, they would only allow bidders that already had bid something to win item in extended time at additional cost to seller(option) as the major auction houses do and for this reason, we will only open good cards that we know will sell anyway at realistic value at low starting bids, for large lots or sets,or obscure very rare items that may or may not go, high minimums or reserves or just send to major auctions and let the good stuff leave e bay...

In my opinion and this is only an opinion...Sniping should not be allowed unless you posted some bid at some time during auction run, this way, the last minute bidders will not force good vendors to flee e bay and eventually all good material will wind up in major auction catalogs only... where the eventual BUYER will pay more because of the additional fees on top of hammer price, e bay is bargain for buyers....I do feel bidders should benefit by finding bargains but there will be less quality and more crap offered if everyone thought to bid last 20 seconds.

However, I do see strategically why T206 collector feels his way and he is right as he stated, it is to bidders advantage, strictly one sided. I promise, I honor bids, whether I win or lose, but this year I will cancel listings up to 12 hours before ending if I feel it is totally one sided, just as bidders may not participate if they feel that they are getting screwed by shilling. It should be a fair deal, both ways.