View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Just a few questions. Did the original listings have a BIN? And do the new(higher) listings have one?

If yes to both. I might suspect that the original listings are the prices the seller was kinda firm on, and rather than let it keep sitting, they're playing some mind games, by upping the ante with a higher price but with a BIN option, in hopes that someone will make an offer based on percentages of that high BIN. This will hopefully bring them somewhere near their original asking price, while allowing the buyer to think he's getting a better deal(based on the percentages).

Now, I'm not saying that this is a plan that will work, but theoretically it makes some sense..

The one thing I never understood was when a card is in a straight auction, and doesn't sell. Then the seller relists it as a straight BIN for nearly double the original starting bid.. But then again, I've missed a few auctions on cards that I wanted that didn't sell, only to see them get relisted and suddenly sell for ridiculously high prices.. Timing is everything, I guess.