View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 07:39 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Default Contact on eBay looking to trade

I have some T206 on eBay that I'm selling as I'm now only collecting T206 HOFers. I received the message through eBay yesterday:

Sir: Hi, my name is XXXXXX. I am a collector from Ohio, emailing with a question about your Brooklyn T206s on ebay ( McElveen, Rucker Throwing, and McIntyre). I am a Brooklyn collector, trying to put together a T206 Brooklyn subset for my personal collection. I need all 3 of your cards.
My question is this: would you be receptive to either discussing a trade for your 3 cards, or perhaps a private sale? I have collected many years and belong to premium auction sites like REA, Legendary, Goodwin, and Memory Lane. I have NICE graded cards from the T206 era forward, I can offer in trade. I would also be willing to combine cards with cash if needed. I am fair and objective when discussing my own cards and trades. If you would care to discuss this, I would enjoy providing a list of what I can offer. I checked your store and would be stunned if you don't like what I have. I hope to hear from you! XXXXXXX

We then had a couple of emails back and forth and I told him I'm looking for HOFers and he claims he has some for trade. Has anyone ever done this before? He doesn't want to communicate further on eBay and has provided an email address that he wants me to use to contact him. I'm always very conservative in my dealings and something like this makes me very wary. Thoughts?

Thanks
Greg

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2