View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 05:01 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Looking at Goldins current auction, as an example, I am amazed at what Judge, Trout, etc. bats are fetching. They’re good bats, with good provenance, but the prices seem crazy. Judge may or may not be a HOFer. Trout most likely is.

Still, I bought an early SF Bonds bat, years ago, for $350. Yes, steroids, but also the all-time single season and career HR leader. In the 1990s, I got a legit early 1960s Mays gamer for $2500.

Is it just me or are the current prices crazy? Another reason I think people are overpaying is because, unlike the days of Mays, game used bats are now purposely kept and “sent to market.” A lot of Willie’s bats ended up in the Candlestick Park dumpster.
In my opinion prices are insane for some of the current players. Yadier Molina game used bat with an asking price of $800-$1000?? When did he die an enter the hall of fame? In this day an age, everything a player touches is considered memorabilia. For the current player, supply is not limited. The card companies need game used material for cards. Game used is hot.

Last edited by Huck; 04-16-2018 at 05:02 AM.