View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default HOF RC Collection Beginning - T206 question

Posted By: Anonymous

Thank you again. I am aware that many RC aren't from "the big three" - namely T206, 1933 Goudey, and 1952 Topps, but I figured that it would be worthwhile to get educated on all three prior to embarking since there are many that do fall in those sets - especially due to the uniqueness. Additionally, I have gone through and selected which cards from which sets I would like to obtain (and in which grades) - all with an eye toward what appeals to me visually and financially. In general, I am defaulting several cards to the big 3. For example, I may never get a Babe Ruth from the M101 set, but I can get the 1933 Goudey Ruths pretty reasonably. That one is pretty far away from a true RC since it was years later, but you get the point. I will eventually make a run for the M101, but probably not right away. I will default to T206 and the Goudey until some white whales become available. Honus is available prior to T206, but that doesn't stop me from having that lofty goal! Similarly, the 1951 Bowman Mantle and the 1952 Topps will hopefully both be a part of my collection. In general, I want to be knowledgeable about the set before buying from it so that I can be better able to judge authenticity (in hand) and to be able to know a good deal (or bad deal) when I find one.

Just a real quick plug. After only one day here, I am keenly aware of the marked difference between this site and other forums out there. The high knowledge level, interest, and general maturity is quite refreshing. I'm glad I found Net54!

One more question... I would like to ask a question of the group with regard to Sportkings Presidential Cuts (the new release this year), but am not sure where to do it. Is there a place on Net54 (non-sports perhaps?) for this or is anything post-1980 taboo?