View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 04:04 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Default N269 Lorillard's George Fulljames Variation

I don't believe this card is 'known', but a copy ended on eBay this morning (for disclosure, I bought the Pendergast, did not buy the Fulljames) and I've recently sorted out all my N269 notes into a proper usable text.

It is known the cards come in two main types, and some have multiple colorings of them as distinct types in addition, plus Sullivan has 2 poses as number 17. The 35 Lannon probably does not exist; this seems like a hobby myth and nobody can produce any evidence or has ever claimed to actually see one.

Fulljames comes with or without his card number on the back. All the cards have it in the bottom right corner, as well as by their name on the front of the card, but Fulljames comes with it missing on the back or with it. All Fulljames cards have the number on the front.

Attached are the examples I could find pictures of.

All 3 'without' images are the type lacking the Ballin & Liebler line on front.

The 'with' is the Ballin & Liebler copyright.

My original notes/essay on this variation are dated March of 2007, and allege that the card can be found with the card number in both types, with and without the copyright line, but back then I didn't save pictures of everything and used the traditional card cataloguing textual methodology. I am loathe to trust myself though and would prefer to ascertain direct evidence whichever way it leads.

Does anyone here have a Fulljames? If so, does your copy have the number on the back or no number? Is it the copyright or no copyright version?