View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default T206

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Leon,

To be clear, I'm totally comfortable with whatever solution you come up with -- short of requiring me to publicly post my name anywhere on the internet. I have simply never understood why anyone thinks putting their name out there is a good idea in any context. Or why anyone trusts that the names people do post are at all accurate -- or even relevant to any possible conversation.

So what if T205Trader calls me an a$$hole. What good does it do me to know his real name is Joe Smith? How would I know that's his real name anyway.

Best I can tell is people take it personally because they posted their own real names. But to me, that problem lies with the person who went public -- not T205Trader.
T206- You are in the extreme minority concerning your feelings towards the board. Most folks want to mingle and know other collectors. You don't and that is fine. No harm no foul. I have called several new registrants in the last few days as well as previously. If they gave me their incorrect names they were sticking to their story on the phone. There is no doubt a few roaches come in under the door. All I can do is the best I can at keeping it legit. "Boomer" posted this morning, I don't have his contact info (which will be called) so he is now unable to post on the board until I get it. I am as diligent as I can be on trying to get folks to be accountable for what they say. Most folks want to know who is having heated debates with them or calling them out etc....., me included. That is the reason for the rule in the first place. It will continue to be the rule too. I feel that adding the last few sentences to the current rule that was in place will probably do the trick. As far as anyone being frustrated or not liking the way the board is being run, all I can say is, it's America and this is a private board. If anyone doesn't like the rules they don't have to participate. I am not saying any of this to confront you about it, I am only giving my view on it. best regards