View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 07:44 AM
Mark

Default 1977 Hostess Twinkies Checklist - Now updated

For decades I have been trying to put together a definitive checklist for 1977 Hostess "Twinkies" cards based on their issued format. Unlike the previous two years when 60 cards were issued, Hostess decided to make all 150 cards available in single card panels with various products. Because of the different product sizes the panels were markedly different. To make things more confusing, some cards were issued in multiple products.

To date I have authoritatively confirmed five different variations, but a sixth group likely exists. I just need to find someone who has either an uncut sheet or at least uncut cards from this group:

I have cards numbered from 118-150 that most definitely have black bars so are 100% Twinkies cards. But all of mine have been trimmed down to about 1/2 inch around their border so I don't know what they looked like in their original form.

They are not cupcake cards so don't go there. Those are easy to define on their own, plus they only number to 135. They are not the wide panel cards with flaps because those cards would not have a visible black bar on these cards.

I have 23 of the possible 33, although it's likely the numbering doesn't start at 118 and there may be more.

If anyone has any input or have Twinkies cards numbered higher than 118 please let me know and I can finally put this checklist to bed.

Last edited by darkhorse9; 04-16-2018 at 12:14 PM.