View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 12:44 AM

Erik

I'll likely get around to starting those threads.

The 68 set is my main focus, but Im finding myself more and more attracted to the 64 set as well.

#1 1964 is my birth year, but I never realized the 64 set contained so many key AFL players. Bobby Bell and Buck Buchanan Rookies, Daryle Lamonica and John Hadl Rookies, as well as other early cards of HOFers Len Dawson, Jim Otto, George Blanda and Lance Alworth.

I know Joe Namath and Jets Super Bowl III upset of the Mighty Colts is often sighted as helping legitimize the AFL, and rightfully so.

BUT, I really believe it was Hank Stram's legendary and Mighty Kansas City Teams that paved the way for the AFL more than anything else.

Im a big fan of Hank Strams Kansas City Chiefs Team as well as the powerful Raiders Teams featuring the "Mad Bomber" Daryle Lamonica.

I think the 64 set is the most complete set featuring the AFL. With the Execption of Joe Namath(65 Set) the 64 set, more than any other AFL set, is the most complete set featuring the players and teams most responsible for bring the AFL to Light.

Kayshasports has a beautiful John Hadl Rookie listed. It kind of drew my attention away from the Lamonica.

John