View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 AM

Default JimStinson

Looks like a late 1940's Mrs Babe Ruth signature. The tell tale signs would be , where she signed on the photo, The "e" in Babe , and the connection of the letters "R" and "u" in Ruth. I was always under the impression that all of the "through the mail requests in late 1947 and in 1948 were signed by her. I looked at a collection one time in which the collector had kept the envelopes , he had written Ruth in late 1947 and recieved the same postcard photo you pictured and was indeed signed by the wife. He had then wrote Ruth again this time in early 1948 and before even opening the envelope was certain it was the wife but the 1948 autograph on the same postcard was authentic, the difference was it was signed in the top left portion. Also shortly before Ruth died and in 1948 he made a trip throughout Florida and was guest at many events , this was the photo he signed and presented to many autograph collectors but all of those real ones that I have seen were signed in the upper left corner. Hope this helps