View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 03:34 PM
Sean Sullivan

Lou Brock was my second guess!

Yes, I think the language is sometimes a bit misleading. I have some PSA certs that start out with the same language, but later on, it clearly states that the bat is a team index bat.

Another confounding factor is that you have to pay extra for a GU grade, which I don't. So I have bats that don't have the grade assigned, but still say "was game used by [Player].

I think basically PSA uses little templates, because I have seen a few where they forgot to remove the previous player's name in the narrative.

The key I think is that yours specifically says "it is our opinion the model players bat is one of the team ordered bats". That pretty much says it all.
It means the team ordered the bat, but they ordered the player model for other players, spring training, or even (I think) minor league clubs. It is conceivable that the named player used the bat, but without ironclad provenance or photo evidence, I do not think that claim can be made.
Believe it or not, I have a store model bat used by Johnny Pesky, so you really never know. I saw two bats in Cooperstown that Mantle used to hit milestone shots, and neither of them are even his model!