View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 06:30 PM
Pete S.

Default Thanks for having me!

New to the boards. Thanks for having me. Long time collector with a similar story to so many. Grew up in the 70's and 80's collecting in Connecticut with my dad... stopped when I went off to college at USC in Los Angeles in the mid-90's... but then started back up again some years ago.

In terms of vintage collecting, I have a fair amount of the 1940 Playball set, including a nice Shoeless Joe that I bought when I was 12 years old at a card show with the money I had saved all summer up doing odd jobs for neighbors. Just got it slabbed and got a 3.5.

Also have the entire 1959 Topps set. I've begun grading the key cards there and most are coming back in the 6-7 range. Lots of assorted other pre-1970's vintage and assorted pre-war cards but nothing nearing any set completion.

Looking to begin dabbling in some more T-cards so figured this was the right place to be to learn and grow.

In terms of modern cards, I believe I am the biggest USC football collector on planet earth. At least I've yet to see anyone else in my league.

Currently reading "Mint Condition" and loving it. Great book!