View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne View Post
Im the odd guy out as well on the 65 tall Boys. They just never really done it for me.

I do like the 62's with the split photos one being a action shot, but have yet to try and build the set. Mainly because my OCD for high grade cards and those black borders are so tough.

As a Cowboys fan the Philly sets is where those cards would be. While I don't mind a simple clean design, all the philly set are like indentical, with exception of those god awful yellow border 67's

Like myself, I think many gravitate toward the colorful 69 set because it features both the AFL and NFL players.
I still need a high grade Larry Csonka to finish my set. And shame on you guys for letting this thread go this far without a single photo of your favorite sets.

The 1968 Topps set is one I feel everyone has overlooked. IT was the FIRST to feature both AFL and NFL Players and as colorful as the 69 set is, I really like the simple design and NFL logos on the 68's, I also prefer cards with borders as opposed to borderless cards.

I too love the crazy design on the 67 set, but My list:

1968 Topps
1962 Topps
1969 Topps
1967 Topps

John
John, if I could, I would post pictures of the sets I love but do not have the capability. Thanks though for showing the cards. I sure do love the 69 set.

And, yes, you are right, the 68 set is overlooked. I do like it and have started to put it together but it has taken a back seat to the 67 set I am working on or at least will work on once I am employed again.