View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:55 AM

I thought recently this board hadn't been so bad. Some non-negative threads right now. Duly note that relentless negativity gets old fast with me, so I'm not someone with a high threshold for it. I wouldn't say I thought it was "not so bad recently" if I didn't think it.

I believe the reasons this was separated from the memorabilia board was because both there were a plethora of bad auction threads (with some arguments) and two there were more autograph threads than non-autograph. So part was the popularity of the autograph topic.

Clearly, people come to this forum for opinions on their autographs (they often specifically ask for opinions on their autographs), so authenticity opinions seem to an integral part of the the forum.

There are long fights and controversies on the card forum too (see the recent Goldin and Heritage threads), though they seem to be more spread out between harmless informational topics.

I think it would be nice to see some interesting informational threads and such, as opposed to just the latest scams and forgeries. One nice thing about about the card forum is there are regular threads on that order.

Last edited by drc; 08-21-2012 at 11:17 AM.