View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Default OT: Wichita Baseball Chat for Clint

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Has Wichita ever been without a professional team?

As far as Omaha goes I've thought about it, but I really hate that city and I'm not sure my heart would be in it. It stems from the rivalry between Creighton and NU...the Creighton fans are cretins. It's hard to imagine that these same people could be Husker football fans. Aside from sports rivalries there has always been kind of a rivalry between Lincoln and Omaha in other areas as well. I should probably get over that, but it pops up every year when NU plays CU in basketball and baseball and just reinforces my dislike for all things Omaha.

edited to add: I have never seen a Nebraska Indians ticket stub before, but probably the most unique item I have seen from them would be a 1908 Envelope and letterhead discussing an all Japanese team that Guy Green was trying to get together. The envelope and letterhead and a really neat design on them...the letter was basically a press release to an Alton, Illinois newspaper announcing their upcoming game with the locals. I put in a ridiculous snipe - or so I thought ($800) and I was outsniped. I still can't believe that happened...I have also never seen the other bidder ever bid on another NI item before or since. I would love to see that thing hit ebay again some day.