View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM

Default In Today's Mail----

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkins View Post
I personally prefer a PSA 8 OC or MC over a PSA 6 or 7 (centered), especially if the color and focus is rich and clear. I collect off center cards and I am usually pretty excited when I can pick a PSA 8 or 9 OC/MC for much less. I simply look at it as the technology of the time and that miscut cards are just the way they came out sometimes, often times. It is more important to me that I see the player clearly them see him centered. So I don't mind PSA's current system.

..amazing co-incidence that this thread appeared while I was trying to cut through the damned tape on the box from PSA which just came today...
..I'd bought the BVG 4 '58 White Letter Clemente because I knew that it was certainly not a "4" , except to Beckett Vintage Grading ; but the Beckett grader's hands were tied ; they could not give a final grade above a "4" despite how effing gorgeous the card is because the lowest sub-grade was a "2"---the other subs were all "8" with an amazing "8.5" for surface ; this is literally a pack-fresh card from 1958..

..It's now graded as what it actually is : NM-MT with a MC qualifier...about once a year I find a situation like this but rarely a Minty White Letter '58 Clemente...