Thread: The Apocalypse
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Default The Apocalypse

Posted By: jorge marce

The end is near! Hal just bid $13,000 on a Josh Gibson commemorative card. Say it aint so.
Sorry, I couldn't compose myself. I'm a long time lurker in the Network 54 website. I find the posts that you guys put up and chat about to be the most interesting, imformative, and above everything else, the funniest, involving pre-war cards. I never felt the need to jump in and match wits or share knowledge with you guys before, mostly because I felt over matched. However, when I saw Hal as the high bidder on a 50-51 Toleteros Joshua Gibson card that's currently on Ebay, I had to find out what is going on. Hal have you changed your stance on this card? Please, let us know. I hope you win it cause it would make a great addition to your already unbelievable collection of HOFame rookie cards. Personally I believe that Gibson was an awesome and very underated ball player. It would be great if there existed a card of him during his playing days. To my knowledge, and in speaking with Ryan Christoff who is a Negro League expert, and who found the first Gibson Toleteros cards, there have not been any cards found, of Josh Gibson during his playing days. Thus making this his first and best card.
Good luck Hal!