Thread: January Pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 01:18 PM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Finally picked this baby up. It doesn't have the nasty print lines often found on the front and the wax stains on the back are very faint.

Borders do show some toning, and this is consistent with the other commons I have from this set. I didn't want one with borders as white as the snow on my driveway because I don't think paper from 1951 should look like it was printed yesterday!

The other thing I did was measure it and it appears fine to me. I do have a few others sitting inside PSA cases and they all lined up fine.

And the last thing I did was the UV test and it passed that one too. I understand that most forms of restoration can't be seen under the UV light, however, sometimes it can pick up weird sh*t!
Amazing Mantle! I hear a lot of talk about how that is a very underrated card....and I completely agree. His true rookie. And that's a GREAT looking copy. Very good pickup, thanks for posting.

Also, the price of that card is the one reason I decided not to chase the 1951 Bowman set and went after the 1952 instead.