View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:44 AM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Do you yave any examples of this? I do know the Mark Mcquire Modesto A's was reprinted after that historic year when he and Sosa were having the HR battle. Just curious what else has been duplicated from the original print plate. That is true you have to be concerned with that. I don't want to get this confused with reprints which are not authorized and you can tell a difference. The 80 Ripken, and 92 Jeter comes to mind. There are differences to tell them apart.

This is why I like the Trout Perfect Game card as having the logo on it. You don't see many if them and to my knowledge there has never been another print run. Hopefully the plate has been smashed or bleached washed lol
The Modesto McGwire and one minor league Mattingly are among those I remember having been reprinted. I think the McGwire original run was 250 or so. Once he started hitting tons of homers and becoming Bunyonesque, they were literally everywhere.

Good luck on your collecting. I too have many Griffey minor league cards, as well as Frank Thomas.

Best wishes,

Larry