View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 06:28 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
It’s your collection focus on what you like. But if you are looking for investment advice. Stay away from 80s-90s stuff altogether and buy vintage 50s and back top tier players in extremely rare sets or extremely high grade.
Could not disagree more. While the market for those is there, investment at a high is huge risk. I think cards should never be an investment, but the currently building cycle of the next monied collector is in their mid fourties and starting to wind down the kid costs. As they reenter the market with more liquid cash they will start with the players they grew up with. It then takes an advance d collecting progression to dive into vintage with players you have only read about.

The cards posted on this thread are going to just build in popularity. To the OP, enjoy your new found fun and the 8-9 talk in this thread will just be echoed by me..they are a great spot to look.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.