View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 07:15 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
Won this old Senators pennant, first one I have in this series of pennants, i.e the ones with the league and B.B.C. initials. Could this be the oldest series? I guess we'd have to define series as pennants made for many or all teams in the same style, clearly by the same manufacturer.

In this style, I have seen: Red Sox, Phillies (Dooin's Daisies), Cubs (really beautiful), Giants, Senators. Am I missing any?

I think they might be predated by those tackle-twill pennants w/ leather logo, presumably because they possibly pre-date silk screening. I've seen Cubs, White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers (tiger head) in this style ....
Yes, it is indeed oversized.

I was the high under-bidder, but am thrilled for Greg in this case. I would have to agree that the ones with the leather applique are a bit earlier. But this series is a close second.

I have the Giants version, and used to have the Red Sox. Our friend Mike (RIP) had the Cubs, which is perhaps the most magnificent of the bunch, and the one that he considered his "crowning jewel".

Wonderful acquisition!

Last edited by perezfan; 10-08-2017 at 07:30 PM.