View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 07:37 PM

I don't have any of my pennants displayed at present, but I used to rig up a way of displaying some of them vertically, pointed down, using standard wire hangers. Basically, you snip the angled parts of the hanger near the hook, straighten out the wire, slip the wire between the stitching in the colored strip running down the left side of the pennant, and the straight part of the hangar is then bent at angles (not unlike the triangular shape of the original hangar) on either side of the pennant, with the two bent pieces meeting behind the pennant, with that part then being taped or tacked to the wall, pointing down and hidden from view. I don't have an example to photograph and post here, but I got pretty good at making them so that you could barely see any of the wire at either end of the pennant. Hope this description makes sense.

As for using the hanger material, I think there may be some risk that it could react with dye in the pennant to discolor the pennant, but I didn't experience that for the year or two that I employed this method. I'm sure you could adapt this idea, using some other generally rigid but bendable material that would not pose such a risk.