View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Luke Lyon

Default Collecting Obscure/Scarce/Under-appreciated sets - Does it affect your enjoyment?

Question for you guys that collect obscure and scarce tobacco or caramel sets:

The vast majority of my collecting experience centers around the T206 set. Some of the best things about collecting T206s are that they are readily available, and that so many other people collect them. The fact that hundreds of other people collect the same set really adds to my enjoyment. I have a bunch of friends who I can show off new cards to, and vice versa. There's a fun community feel with collecting t206s.

With the handful of other sets that I dabble in, it feels a lot different. To begin with, the cards just aren't readily available. I get excited about a new set, but then have to just sit there and have patience because there is nothing on the market for me to buy. It's also less fun because my T206 buddies don't care too much about the more obscure sets I am into.

Does the solitary nature of collecting these sets make it less fun for you? Does the extreme patience you need to have make it less fun for you?