View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
As the older generation of fans dwindles, they will be replaced by people who do not look up even once during the game from their devices. They will know what's happening from Twitter feeds sent by the players themselves, as voice recognition technology and further miniaturization will enable players to tweet even as they hit and pitch and field. The fans will not speak with their friends they came with, or neighboring fans, as they will be too busy multitasking maintaining 15 text dialogues, constantly checking email and Facebook, monitoring 27 apps, and playing 6 interactive games. If the device owner goes more than ten seconds without touching the screen, an app will remotely check his or her health.

All teams will be owned by Fortune 500 companies and managed by either an officer or director of the company. Important strategic decisions will be made real time by instantaneous shareholder votes.
The part I made bold is already true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
But he still finished behind Mike Trout in WAR, who exceeded infinity for the first time as the formula was tweaked to favor him for the 19th time.
Nothing against Mr Trout because he is an amazing player. From the way I have seen WAR used to say how great he is I believe it has to have been tweeked that many times already to favor him.