View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Chuck Whisman

Bucky Harris is the 11th card in the set. I have scans of the 11 cards, front and back from my research of these cards over the past couple of years since I found and sold the Mantle and Berra. I am actually in the process of writing a story on the set, with photos, and should have it completed in the next 2 weeks. I have photos of the only known complete set of (11) from the original owner who remembered buying mascot dog food in the early 1950s - these are really rare items (I have people calling me frequently to see if any are coming up for sale soon). Three of the card backs mention 11 postcard redemptions in the give-away (Mantle, Newcombe, and Hodges) and the rest mention 8 cards in the post card redemption. There are (11) cards in the baseball card set and the list presented here is accurate. I think they likely made 8 cards in the first year, then added the other 3 (Mantle, Newcombe, Hodges) in the second year. If anyone has more information on Mascot dog food, the company, or these cards or redemption program please let me know. It's been fun researching these cards over the past couple of years to try to piece together more information!