View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

So you are saying that Beckett's card sale are a major portion of it's profit ? How long has that been the case ? I suspect that the lower realized prices for Beckett graded cards speak volumes about trust and perception as a prior poster wrote. When demand for their graded cards dries up, that will be that. . I've always liked ungraded cards personally. My brother and I joined PSA several years ago when we first started collecting pre-war cards. We didn't join for the hope of future $$$ either. We wanted to make sure we weren't getting ripped off by buying counterfiet items. Once I learned how to identify fakes on my own I stopped submitting cards on a regular basis. We now use the service for my brothers PSA registry sets and to keep in touch with some other collectors. I still don't understand why PSA graded cards seem to garner higher prices than other companies. A card is a card to me whether it's in plastic or not. I keep my T206's in those old 3 ring binder pages so I can look at them easily. I have avery few graded cards right now.