View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Howard Chasser

Default How about lack of accuracy on top of taking forever??!!

So I sent a submission of 14 Topps test discs which was signed for the end of December, not logged in their system till January 15th and shipped back February 2nd. Not great, but not bad relative to some of the other stories on this thread. Now the ridiculousness.

For those who don't know the discs only exist in proof form and therefore PSA only grades them as authentic. I sent in discs in 3 different proof states from 2 different years(, 1967 yellow/white, 1967 red, white, yellow, black, 1968 final proof ). Each disc was labeled on the back of the card saver with the year, issue, player name and line number corresponding to the submission invoice as PSA required in the "old days". Something like " 1967 Topps Test Disc Roberto Clemente, line 4"

So when the grades pop - it shows that they DIDN'T grade 11 of the 14 discs stating "no spec info". They did grade 3 - 1967 Frank Robinson, 1967 Hank Aaron and 1967 Roberto Clemente.

Then the shipment arrives
The Frank Robinson they graded was one of 4 of the 1967 red, white, yellow, black proofs I sent and the ONLY one graded properly. They did not grade the Clemente, The Aaron, or the Koufax from the same proof lot.
AND they mis-graded the 1968 Clemente and Aaron as 1967's. I don;t have words sufficient to express the utter frustration. I am waiting for a response from PSA for about 3 days now regarding both their "no grades" as well as the mistakes.