View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Default Burned on Fake T206 Cobb in SGC Holder

Posted By: anthony

steve, sorry but you cant be right all of the time...i dont normally respond to threads like this but this is a little unfair to donald...whether you meant it or not, its implied.

1. i'll give you the card looks fake, because it does. to the inexperienced t206 collector it should look at least questionable.

2. i dont agree with you that "the seller's feedback is WEAK at best just because the last 50 or so feedbacks were for items that did not exceed $50"

he has 0 negatives and a total of 400 positives, a lot of return buyers so obviously people were happy. i wouldnt call that WEAK by any standards except yours.

3. "price not in line with previous sales" you cant use this one either because 12/10/06 and 12/3/06 were sundays, the best days to end an auction. i'm sure knucklhead lost a few hundred dollars just by ending the auction on a monday evening at 7pm when everyone in california is out at the restaurant still and everyone on the east coast (except new york) is in bed.

11/10/06 was "manontherock" ...100% feedback with almost 5000 positive feedbacks received, i think he's ok to end on the MARINE CORPS BIRTHDAY, buyers feel more comfortable with 5000 positives than 400 positives, a better known seller.

10/26/06, not a sunday but it was Matro's...enough said on that one.

4. "bat off not found in 150"...well, unfortunately not every collector knows this, so i'll give you 1/2 credit for that one.

5. this is not a "prime example of being blinded by the holder"...its a prime example of an unfortunate sale to a less experienced collector unlike yourself.

so...i think you should go back and edit your post so you dont make everyone look like a "newbie collector" and yourself look like a "bragger" because thats what you did. you're obviously a knowledgable collector and i commend you for that.

as for donald, you do not look like a "newbie collector" nor a "less experienced collector" to me or a ton of other members, but apparently you do to steve. i hope you are able to get your money back...i was going to suggest contacting paypal if you paid that way, but a few have already suggested it...good luck!!