View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1125 View Post
It's authentic and was displayed near a window too long!

I wouldn't remove the personalization, it's already devalued a bunch because of the fading. There may be someone out there looking for a Mantle inscribed to them. I have been searching for almost 7 years for a "To Ryan" Mantle photo and just found one last week! I was willing to go WAY over normal price because of that!
It is probably just a 'cast' on the photo. When you shoot using white balance and to not adjust for the type of light being used you get a cast or color imbalance. Using incandescent bulbs you can get yellow. Flourescent can give green or orange. Halogen can also give green or yellow. It can be subtle or very obvious. When people shoot with film, which I still do, you can use filters to adjust, or use flash. For concert photography you can actually buy special film which is already adjusted for the tungsten lighting that is still used. The conversion to LED lights, especially in hockey/basketball arenas, makes it easier as they are closer to natural light than most other lighting.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”