View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I don't think that SNAD's on ebay's are always wins. I've "lost" 2 cases myself. The first was a reprint of a W517 Ruth for ~$300. The photo on ebay was a bit blurry so I did not see the W517 in the bottom corner that indicates the card was a reprint. I asked seller for return, and they said no. I filed a SNAD case with ebay, and showed them scans from the Standard Catalog that indicated the card was a reprint and that the ebay listing said the card was authentic. Somehow, the seller called ebay and managed to convince the ebay rep to rule in favor of the seller. Then I got this long message from an ebay supervisor basically telling me to be more careful in the future. I was fairly shocked obviously, and called ebay the next day, and got the case reviewed and ruled in my favor. Therefore, I still got my refund. However, because ebay initially ruled for the seller, they still got to keep their money, and the refund came out of ebay's pockets.

For the other case, I bought a factory set for 1981 Donruss that the seller said was unopened. I got the set, and I opened the box, and it seemed like it was opened and culled. Therefore, again, seller refused return. I filed a SNAD with ebay. However, because they said I could have been the one who had gone through the set, not the seller, so they ruled in favor of the seller. And the ebay supervisor gave me a bunch of other stories of all of these other SNAD's they refused for various items like antique dolls. The set only cost me ~$20, so I just negged the seller and moved on. I have never tried to use my credit card to generate a refund.