View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Gary,

Those two cases are interesting and thanks for sharing. Obviously, eBay got it wrong with the W517 Ruth. I can see both sides of the Donruss dispute, but that sorts of blows-up the entire "not as advertised dispute will always trump sellers return policy" mombo jumbo.

A grey area will always exist when you have human beings making snap decisions, but here is what I learned from both your cases. When opening a dispute against a seller that does not accept returns, give eBay as little information as possible AND always always always stick with the "item not as advertised" mantra.

Thus...eBay rep: why do you want to return the Donruss 1981 unopened box??? They were not as advertised.

eBay rep: What was wrong with them??? The cards were not the same as advertised in the auction - both in the description and the pic.

eBay rep: Can you give me more detail??? Auction advertised a Donruss 1981 unopened, box but when the package arrived it was not a Donruss 1981 unopened box.

eBay rep: How can you be so sure, did you open the box??? Oh, I'm 100% sure! I've been collecting baseball cards since 1972 and it's a fine American hobby. You can say, here is the opportunity and the Youth of America says, 'How much are you going to pay me?' It's like going to the university--they want the biggest, the best, the most. If necessary, we'll pay the bonuses. But they should earn it.

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 11-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.