View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 08:47 AM

I'm a Jeter apologist but I wish people would stop ignoring how rare it is to find a guy like Jeter. How many players can you pencil in at the same position for 19+ seasons and in the vast, vast, vast majority of those seasons end up with an all star caliber hitter at that position? I feel like that is overlooked more than anything. There is so much value in not having turnover at a key position up the middle.

Yes, his defense was bad and the dWAR numbers bare that out--but I think just knowing that one of your most important cogs is accounted for night in and night out more than makes up for it. The 300 average and .370+ OBP night in and night out for 19 full seasons more than made up for it.

As for the question at hand--I don't see an increase for anybody after a HOF nomination from the 80s or 90s outside of Ichiro, for reasons already mentioned.

High grade SP Jeter rookies will continue to climb as 9s are still damn near impossible to find in a PSA holder but I don't see anything else spiking at any point.