View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 05:38 PM
sfh24

I actually bought the set complete. I would say the overall condition was EX with none above EXMT. The Ryan was EX+ (PSA 5 range, possibly 6). I paid $1300 for the set and I am not certain that it was a good price.

My current total spend on the upgrade is $1522 and nearly every card has been upgraded excluding the Ryan which will be coming soon. All HOFs have been upgraded to NRMT or better and as stated, only a handful of EXs left. The EXs that are left would be considered EXMT by some. It has kind of turned into a long term project now to end up with a "pristine" set.

You probably want to determine what grade of set you will be comfortable with and then come up with a plan. I would say that .45/ea for VGEX is decent. I usually shoot for $1-2 for EXMT/NRMT but routinely pay more depending upon the series and player. It is conceivable that you could do better than .45/ea if you find the right auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoffer2 View Post
When you initially started the EX set, did you buy the commons in any lots? I’m looking at some on eBay and they are listed in the $0.45/card range. Is that reasonable for the 68 set in VG-EX?

Last edited by sfh24; 12-24-2018 at 05:39 PM.