View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 08:21 PM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
So glad you're having a lot of fun, Jason.

There's guys you left off in the end that I would have had to have included. But then, I began in 1961, so it's only natural Minnie Minoso and Richie Ashburn would have been spared, and guys like Dave Parker and Fred Lynn would have drawn a big blank from me. Same with Don Sutton. Also, I favor a guy for any number of reasons, but longevity is almost always not one of them, which means I will favor the guy who was on fire for a few seasons---like Gary Peters, Dean Chance, Mel Stottlemyre, Thurman Munson, etc. Which is neither here nor there, because this is all about your tastes and what moves you. ----Brian Powell
+1

This is a really cool project, Jason. You've got your no doubt about it guys and then the fellows on the margins which is where half of the fun and angst lies.. As a suggestion, why not go ahead and get all of the guys, your JR Richards and Fred Lynns, and keep them in an Honorable Mention Wing in your Mancave Museum?

I am doing a project without any subjectivity (aside from which actual manufacturer to get) - the rookie cards of every MVP winner from 1950 on, and every Cy Young winner. It's been a lot of of fun collecting the obvious guys like Maddux, Koufax, etc but it's been really cool learning more about the less obvious guys like Bob Turley, Mike McCormick, etc. These pieces of cardboard are still a tremendous gateway back through history.

Last edited by KingFisk; 11-27-2015 at 09:05 PM.