View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 09:22 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Unless I am missing something, they are a little more than just Cookies.

Most times, after I visit a site, I will clear my browsing history/data plus I'll do a Ccleaner run.
Doing both things clears all history.

With these Heritage ads, which I get on Facebook as well, there is something else going on, like a 3rd party or whatever who has purchased this browsing history.
How did they get my FB info, or having it popup when I browse CBC news and others?
Browsing History and Cookies are two different things: History is just the website URL (address) that gets you to the website only. Cookies are meant to "enhance" that experience by storing your browsing habits and trends - as well as other things such as: (singular example) You use your Favorites (or History) section to get to Net54. Previously, you have checked the "remember password" box. In this case it is the cookie (not your history) and website agreeing "We be cool". No manual typing password. When you clear your history you are not clearing your cookies. There is usually a separate option for that. If you Clear All Cookies you will hence need to then type your password for every site you have previously checked the "remember password" option.

(Unless you actually DO clear all your cookies upon cleanup. Then forget everything I just said )

Last edited by Paul S; 09-15-2017 at 10:04 PM.