View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Dealing with the world's largest online retailer is not analogous in my view to a one on one card transaction. So in your view it's fine to win a week long auction, then say oh I changed my mind sorry seller? That seems ridiculous to me. And just as bad, or close, on a BIN.
Well, ebay is the world's largest auctioneer, I believe...

Every circumstance has its own issue. I don't believe it's right buy some audio equipment, use it at your party, and then return it afterwards. Similarly, it's not right to bid in an auction that you never had any intention of paying. And I do believe that large auction companies will sue you if you do not pay your invoices. (I saw that Siegel, a large stamp auctioneer had a catalog just from the items from a large nonpaying bidder recently.) However, if you purchased a graded card that had a crease that was not visible in the online scan and was not described in the description, then I believe you have more of a case for a return. And frankly for a BIN, I believe you should be able to return or cancel anything that you want since there wouldn't be a loss on either side (other than perhaps shipping costs). Frankly, I sell on ebay, and I offer 14 day no questions asked returns (buyer pays return shipping cost). You can cancel an item before it ships, or return it for any reason, it's completely fine with me. Many of my buyers on ebay are repeat customers, so I want them to be as satisfied as possible from the transaction. If they have a bad taste in their mouth because the transaction went sour, they may not purchase from me again. And on the flip side, if they know that they will have a pleasant shopping experience when they purchase from me, then they are likely to look at my listings again and perhaps even purchase items from me even if my prices may be a bit higher than others. And I am not a big box store or retailer by any means, but just sell stuff as a hobby to support my collecting habits.

Last edited by glchen; 09-28-2015 at 02:57 PM.