View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 05:52 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
I can't speak for other sellers but my auctions are clear. Any international person who bids didn't bother to read my auction terms. Sorry, but that's not my problem.
I had one issue with a seller who agreed to ship to me after I asked her about her "May ship to Canada" listing.

She changed her mind however when payment was shipped but did refund me??

The only bold heading from anyone is 707. He/they have their "Will not ship to Canada" bolded in red, which makes it as clear as day, no need to ask.

Others, like I have mentioned, with the "May ship to Canada" have written below in their description, "U.S. only". I don't understand that? Why not just say that to begin with and it will save everyone a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
If ANYTHING goes wrong, the seller is on the hook.

The only 100% safe way to ship overseas would be to use something like FedEx international, and that would also need to go to a verified paypal address. Most international bidders would balk at $50 shipping fees though.

Not to mention, many countries have customs tax and will hold the package in customs until the buyer pays. But guess what, a package held in customs is a non-delivery as far as ebay is concerned.

If ebay would go back to the days where all you needed to do is prove you shipped it - no delivery confirmation or verified addressed needed - then I'm sure you'd see more people willing to ship internationally since the risk would be shifted to the buyer.

As it stands, it's not worth my time or the risk involved.
I assume you are talking about other countries besides Canada? The only time I had to pay customs, it was paid at the Post Office, not a Customs/border crossing.