Thread: March Pickups
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 06:04 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Yesterday I'm at our local baseball card show here in Jacksonville. I'm looking at a table of cards when this other collector comes over and hands a binder to the dealer and asks if he is buying cards. Well I pretend to look at the dealers cards, but what I'm actually looking at is the binder this guy hands to the dealer LOL! Mostly mid 70s baseball cards but I do see some 1966 Topps "rub-offs" which I collect. So the dealer tells this guy he is not interested, and the guy takes his binder and moves on. So do I, right over to the guy and asks him what are you selling?
We plop down on a couple of chairs, and I buy all the '66 rub-offs on my wantlist I paid him $3 each for Mays Koufax Robinson and Banks, and $1 each for the others. I've been trying for this set for awhile so I'm glad to get the hits.

He keeps trying to sell ma a stack of low grade 1965 Topps Transfers but I tell him I'm not collecting that set. He really wants me to buy them, and bundles the Topps Transfers with a 1975 Phillies Roster on this brochure and says eight bucks. So I guess I'm collecting the '65 Topps Transfers now with Aaron Gibson and two Koufax included.