View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:04 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Thanks for all the feedback and tips as I get into collecting records. Yesterday there was a baseball card show in the south part of town, and on the way home I stopped at our local flea market on the hunt for records.
As soon as I entered, a vendor was just stacking up a pile of LPs, he said $2 each with a discount if I bought more. Some were pretty beat up (I left those behind) but others looked to be in pretty fine shape. So I pulled out the best total 14 LPs and he took my offer of a $20 bill.

Jim Croce (Life and Times) looks new
Jim Croce (You Don’t Mess Around With Jim)
Beach Boys (Spirit of America) looks new
Janis Joplin (I got Dem ‘Ol Cosmic Blues Again Mama)
The Monkees (Meet The Monkees)
Creedence Clearwater (Revival)
CCR (Bayou Country)
Bread (The Best Of)
*bonus* Guitar Man LP also in there ?
Bob Dylan (Blond on Blond)
Bob Dylan (Another Side of Bob Dylan)
Grand Funk (Closer To Home)
America (Greatest Hits)
*For some reason I also pulled two Bill Cosby records (Revenge) and (i started out as a child)

After this I had to walk back out to my car to off load lol! I located a record dealer who was set up and talked awhile with him. All his LPs were neatly organized and in plastic covers. One of his customers came up and confirmed the seller was legit and said he was never disappointed in any of his purchases. All his records looked to be in fine shape. I bought two Rolling Stones LPs for $15 (Black and Blue) and (Its Only Rock and Roll), also a Foreigner record (head games) for $6 mint still original plastic with original sales sticker of $6.87
Then he had a 1/2 off stack and I bought all these for $14 total
John Denver (Windsong)
Carpenters (Close To You)
Carpenters (Carpenters)
Jackson Brown (Running on Empty)
The Moody Blues (In Search of the Lost Chord)
Stephen Stills (Manassas)