View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default Koufax No - Hitter Glove a No - No!

Posted By: hankron

Firstly, I don't know how the SCD LOA represents the glove, so I am not commenting on anyone's LOA.

Perhaps, in these situations, the auction shouldn't says "This is the No Hitter Glove" but present the evidence. For example, "This is a genuine Koufax glove, given by Koufax to the Dodgers' official photographer and signed by Koufax. As team photographer, Scharfman would have had regular contact with Koufax. The glove is proported to be the glove used in the No Hitter, and comes comes with a letter from the photographer's daughter detailing her father's relationship with Koufax and that her father said this was the No Hitter glove (I don't know what her letter really says). Though we don't have clear pictures of the game and glove exhibits little wear, the glove was displayed at Dodgers Stadium as the No Hitter Glove. Our glove experts express the opinion that the glove is consistant with being the glove as represented by the Dodgers and Scharfman's daughter." The bidders can assess the evidence, ask questions, get a second opinion, then make up their own minds what to bid.