View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
Interesting. I never noticed those. Are they unnumbered? From what I understand, all of the Ryans are unnumbered in factory sets. Actually, that could just be the King of Kings card.

Arthur
I think it is just the King of Kings card that is unnumbered, the variations I posted have numbers on the back. I don't remember exactly why I came to the belief that the star placement variation came from factory sets so that could be wrong.

Thank you and butchie_t for your lists of 1990 Donruss variations. It was the first set that got me into errors as a kid. My father took me to a card show where dealers were asking around $20 for the Harold Baines line through star variation and since rookie and star player cards were a couple of dollars at most my kid brain was like "Woah! I want the errors!".

I remember going to a local card store a month or so later and they had 1990 Donruss boxes that they called "4th printing" which they said only contained the Juan Gonzalez error. I have heard some people claim there were somewhere around 12 printings or more in total but no idea if that is correct.

I've always hoped there would end up being a couple that were truly rare/hard to find but I guess that is probably a long shot at this point.

Last edited by zogar; 01-30-2024 at 03:22 PM.