View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Al Richter

It is not a prototype ( B Robinson) or unissued proof (of which there are 3 that I know of--Monday/Davis/ O' Donahue ) Fairly and Maloney are the two most common of the Topps 3d cards. There are two front versions of each, dugout or no dugout. The one you posted is no dugout.

There is an Olberman SCD article discussed in a Topps 68 3d thread in here, that talks about the set as issued on a limited basis, and the unissued prototype and 3 unissued proofs. It also talks about the back differences and stamps on the issued cards. The article can be googled "Topps 1968 3d Olberman SCD"

Some of the cards in my set have blank backs. Some have stamps like yours or variances of it. The stamps and back differences are discussed in the Olbermann article. Since the Fairly is one of the most common cards from the set, relatively, many set collectors may have it. But if there is a collector looking for a master set, he might pay a premium for that card back.

I have only collected the front variations, so have 2 Fairly cards. You can likely find current and completed auctions for the Fairly card on eBay

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 09-15-2017 at 05:24 PM.