View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Al Richter

The Fairly comes up on eBay regularly and usually they do not sell because of high asking prices. Someone keeps offering a bunch of highly graded 3Ds on eBay, some pretty scarce, but at prices high enough that they do not sell.

The cards are scarce enough I think most who collect the set don't care what is on the back. I don't know anyone going for a master set ( maybe Larry and Olberman), so I am not sure what premium a seller might pay for a specific back they did not have

In putting my set together (12, plus the extra Fairly and Maloney) the Fairly and Maloney cards were the least expensive. The dugout versions seem scarcer and were more expensive than the no dugout versions.

I am in California for wedding. When back I can send you link to the Olberman article. To see a great version of the full issued set, see bobsbbcards set in the PSA Registry. Bob has one of the B Robinson prototypes ( not sure if it is one John references above), but it is not part of the Registry composition of that set

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 09-15-2017 at 06:42 PM.