View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Default Yeah about $100 dollars..about $100 dollars yeah.

Posted By: John

Topic # 3

In the past collectors had a pretty good idea of value from something as simple as a Beckett or SCD price guide/catalog. Today however it seems card prices are harder and harder to gauge or at least in my experiences. Some items going for 3x what I thought and some items going for much less. Graded cards all in the same grade going for prices all over the board for the same card. It seems card prices have always fluctuated a little and some a lot. So with a little insight from some of you maybe we can get a better idea of how to be smarter collectors too.

I also realize a card is also worth what somebody is willing to pay for it too. But if I paid $80 for a 1959 Walt Dropo in VG condition many of you would think I should have known better or grossly overpaid.

So I raise these questions:

1.)What items have you seen that went for much more than they should have in your opinion ?

2.)What items are just to overpriced right now and may come down soon in your opinion?

3.)What items are a cheap and affordable right now and may not be in the near future in your opinion?

4.)Which auction houses or dealers are fair and who’s overpriced in your opinion?

5.)Which guides or information sources do you use?

6.)Which items can you throw the price guide out on in your opinion?

7.)What’s the ballpark price wise for items you collect both HOFer and common in your experiances?

8.)And what basic safety measures do you take while shopping on eBay?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I also realize some of the answers to the above questions can be found here.
http://www.cycleback.com/beginnerstips.html>